Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco

I should really know better than to read a kid's book by now.  I'm not the target audience for them, and having never read them before, there's no sense of nostalgia when reading them now.  I know I'm not going to get the kinds of things I'm looking for in a story.

With all that being said, this book really isn't that bad.  It never tries to do anything that it can't accomplish.  There's no pretend drama, like in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  Nor is it complete random like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  This is a just a nice, simple, cute story of a stuffed rabbit and the little boy who owns him.  Nursery magic is in full effect here, as are the feelings of children toward their favorite stuffed animals.

I would somewhat recommend this book.

Click here to view this book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment