Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I've never been a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, or any of its various spin-offs, to be honest.  I can't say that I've seen Disney's, or anyone's version all the way through.  I've only seen bits and pieces of them.  It might be a good idea to keep that in mind when reading my review.

I didn't particularly care for this book.  This may be because it's a kids' book. The writing didn't appeal to me.  The plot was incoherent and went from random thing to random thing.  There really wasn't any drama, or character development, either.  I think a lot of it was just Lewis Carroll trying to prove how clever he is.  I can see how it would appeal to a younger audience, though.

If you're interested in it, by all mean read it.  Otherwise, I'd give it a pass.

As I side note, I am planning on going on the tour at Christ Church in Oxford eventually.  Even though I didn't enjoy the book, I'm quite certain that I would enjoy seeing some of the things that inspired it.

Click here to view this book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment