Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

I'm just going to go out and say it.  I like the movie better than the book.  Before you get all stabby on me, let me explain.

Don't get me wrong, the book is okay, for a kids' book, anyway.  But there's just something about Dorothy's adventures wearing the witch's silver slippers that just didn't inspire me.  Yes, in the book, the slippers are actually silver.  That's not why I didn't enjoy it, though.  Even though Dorothy and her friends encountered loads of problems along their quest, there was never one that wasn't solved by the first thing they tried within just a few paragraphs.  There was no tension or anything.  It kinda bored me.  Now, I haven't seen the movie in a very long time, but I seem to remember a bit more drama, and tension in it.

If you're interested in reading this, by all means give it a go, otherwise, I'd recommend giving it a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment